Shooting victim reportedly harassed by teen suspects
by Rachael Brown
rbrown@annistonstar.com
Aug 21, 2013 | 5616 views |  0 comments | 57 57 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A man told police Tuesday that he’s been threatened by two suspects who allegedly shot his car earlier this month.

Anniston police Sgt. Chris Sparks said the 22-year-old victim has been approached several times by two teenaged suspects since Friday. Sparks said the suspects pointed a handgun at the victim on the 2600 block of Noble Street.

One suspect, a 17-year-old Anniston male, was charged with discharging a firearm into a vehicle on Saturday, Sparks said. Sparks declined to release the teen’s name due to his age.

The suspect was released on a $15,000 bond Saturday from Anniston City Jail. The teen was charged with shooting at the 22-year-old man’s car on Aug. 1, while the victim was driving between 19th Street and Davis Avenue. The victim was not injured during the shooting. Sparks said more arrests are expected to be made in the shooting.

The victim, Michael Kirksey, said every time the two suspects see his car in Anniston they threaten him. Kirksey said he’s upset the teen who was arrested got out of jail so quickly and continues to harass him.

“I just want them off the street,” he said. “I just want them to leave me and my car alone.”

Any suspect could be charged with intimidating a witness, a felony.

Staff Writer Rachael Brown: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RBrown_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow


Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Marketplace