After careful research, Princeton Review has rated Auburn's student body as the most conservative in the United States. That says a lot when you consider how many campuses are in strongly conservative states in the South. One would think schools such as Ole Miss, Clemson, Mississippi State, among others, would give Auburn a run for its conservative credentials. (You'll see below that Ole Miss wasn't shut out, however.)
Auburn's conservativeness has been warmly greeted, apparently. "The Auburn College Republicans are excited for the upcoming year to grow our already large and active chapter by not only reaching out to existing Republicans on campus, but also by exposing more students to the GOP message of individual liberties,” Danielle Wall, chair of the Auburn University College Republicans, told the website Yellowhammernews.com.
Below is a list, provided by Princeton Review, of the other No. 1-ranked schools in its annual survey:
- Best-Run College - Claremont McKenna College.
- Best College Library - Columbia University.
- Best Campus Food - Bowdoin College.
- Best College Dorms - Smith College.
- Most Beautiful Campus - University of Mississippi.
- Most Politically Active Students - The George Washington University.
- Most Conservative Students - Auburn University.
- Most Liberal Students - Bennington College.
- LGBT-Friendly - Emerson College.
- Town-Gown Relations Are Great - Clemson University.
- Top Party Schools - University of Iowa.
- Top Stone-Cold Sober Schools - Brigham Young University.
- Students Pack the Stadiums - University of Notre Dame.
- Best Athletic Facilities - Kenyon College.
- Their Students Love These Colleges - Virginia Tech.