Man charged with shooting 13-year-old boy in March
by Rachael Brown
rgriffin@annistonstar.com
Jun 14, 2013 | 5358 views |  0 comments | 142 142 recommendations | email to a friend | print
Tanrrance Maurice Landrum
Tanrrance Maurice Landrum
slideshow
Police charged a man Thursday with shooting a 13-year-old boy outside a Constantine Homes apartment in March.

Tanrrance Maurice Landrum, 24, of Heflin, was charged with first-degree assault, a felony, according to a police report.

The shooting occurred on the night of March 10 outside the apartment complex at 316 Elm Street. Anniston police Sgt. Chris Sparks previously told The Star that police were flagged down by a driver on Noble Street and found the gunshot victim inside the vehicle.

The victim was shot in the back and arm while running away from the suspect, Sparks said. The victim was taken to Regional Medical Center for treatment, the sergeant said.

Anniston Capt. Allen George said Friday that the victim had recovered from his injuries. George said the victim told police he was outside when someone ran up and started shooting.

George said police later identified Landrum as a suspect and arrested him at his Heflin home Thursday afternoon.

Landrum was in Calhoun County Jail on Friday afternoon. Bond is set at $30,000.

A court appearance is scheduled for July 1.

Staff Writer Rachael Brown: 256-235-3562. On Twitter @RBrown_Star.

Comments must be made through Facebook
No personal attacks
No name-calling
No offensive language
Comments must stay on topic
No infringement of copyrighted material


Friends to Follow



Today's Events

event calendar

post a new event

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Marketplace