• A free event, “Consumed,” presented by Crimson Flame Ministries, gates open at 2:30 p.m., Zinn Park. Featuring Avenue, 7eventh Time Down, Thrive, the Interruption, Jon Walden and many more. Call 256-452-2354 for more information.
• Benefit gospel singing for Gary Haney, who needs a liver transplant. Supper at 5:30 p.m., singing at 6:30 p.m., Choccolocco Community Church, 22 Nicholas Court, Choccolocco, across from golf course. Guest singers will include Once Blinded, The Laytons and The Dovers. Admission is free and the public is invited. Call 256-237-3405 or 256-499-6089 for more information.
• Gospel singing at 6 p.m., supper at 4:30 p.m., Five Points Baptist Church. Guest singers will include Master Quartet of Tupelo, Miss., and Second Coming of Griffin, Ga. Everyone is welcome. Call 770-574-7455 or 256-253-2850 for more information.
• Free hot lunch to Oxford and surrounding area, sponsored by His Hands Extended Feed Ministry, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, U.S. 78 W, next to UPS. Everyone is welcome. Dine-in only. Call 256-689-1419 for more information.
• The 11th annual pastor’s appreciation day, 3 p.m., Rocky Mount Baptist Church, 100 Rocky Mount Road, Oxford. Senior pastor is the Rev. Stevie Houston and Elect Lady Joyce Houston, keynote speaker will be James Curry of Faith Temple in Talladega.
• Celebration of 44th church anniversary, 2:30 p.m., Peace and Goodwill Baptist Church, 1714 Mulberry Ave. Guest speaker will be the Rev. Cedric Duncan of the First Missionary Baptist Church.
• Homecoming, 10 a.m., Full Gospel Church, Deyo Street, John Lanier will sing.
• Celebration of 12th church anniversary, 3 p.m., New Birth Christian Center, 3399 Gunnells Lane, Oxford, pastors are Bishop Michael Truss and Minister Dallas Truss; guest speaker and church will be the Rev. L.L. Jacobs and Kelly Springs Missionary Baptist Church of Munford. Call 256-831-8460 for directions or more information.
• All for Him: A Christian Writers’ fellowship, 6:30 p.m., First Baptist Church at McClellan, 851 Morton Road, in the library. Bring copies of your own work for the group to read or a piece by your favorite writer. Everyone is welcome. Call 256-847-0230 for more information.
• Mt. Calvary Baptist Church, 1600 Dooley Ave., will celebrate the 17th pastoral anniversary of its pastor, Dr. Quintin P. Woods Sr., with a “Pastor’s love banquet” at 6:30 p.m., on the campus of the Anniston Army Depot, building 251. A donation of $20 will be accepted. Call 256-237-2773 for more information.
May 3 & 4
• Rummage sale/bake sale, 7 a.m., Liberty Hill C.M. Church, 77 County Road 142 off U.S. 431, in the fellowship hall, the event is hosted by the Women's Fellowship Circle.
• Free community meal, sponsored by Soup for the Soul, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 216 Snow Creek, Oxford.
• Beans & Rice Ministry food distribution, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave. Call 256-236-4457 for more information.
• Mt. Calvary Baptist Church will celebrate the 17th pastoral anniversary of its pastor, Dr. Quintin P. Woods Sr., 3:30 p.m., at 1600 Dooley Ave. Pastor Woods is the newly elected moderator of the Snow Creek District Baptist Association.
Special guests will be Pastor Mario McDaniel and the Canaan Baptist Church in Roanoke. Call 256-237-2773 for more information.
• Annie Moses Band to perform, 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Hill Crest Baptist Church, 5117 Post Oak Road off U.S. 431. No admission charged for this event. Call 256-236-1464 for more information or visit www.anniemosesband.com.
• The ninth annual “Celebration of Life,” hosted by Comfort Care Hospice of Talladega, will be 4-6 p.m., St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, 208 North St. E, Talladega. Event is to encourage and support bereaved families and friends of our community. Call 800-761-1250 for more information.
• “Pearls of Great Value” mother/daughter tea, hosted by the Women’s Ministry of Living by Faith Ministry, noon-3 p.m., Kingdom Place Ministry, 5804 Weaver Road, Anniston. Lunch will be provided. Call 256-831-0871 for more information.
How to submit calendar items
- Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org, note in subject line: “For Faith Calendar”
- Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
- Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
- Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
- Call 256-235-3556 with questions.