• Anniston Christmas parade. Begins at 6:30 p.m. at 15th and Noble streets. Get there early and bundle up!
• Santa stories by the seashore. Bring your camera and take free pictures with Santa. Enjoy stories read by Santa and make a craft. Everything is free. Begins at 4 p.m. at the Public Library of Anniston-Calhoun County.
• The Choccolocco Heritage Society’s annual community-wide Christmas tree lighting and party. The White Plains High School band will perform at 5:30 p.m. followed by more musical groups. The party will be held inside the local museum at the Little White School House. Snacks, food and hot drinks will be served.
Santa Claus will be on hand to greet children. Call 256-236-2497 or 256-237-2136 or email email@example.com for more information.
• “Fa-la-la-la-la,” a holiday concert presented by CAST. Dinner and a show at Garfrerick’s Café, Oxford. Dinner at 6 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m. $45 per person. For reservations, call 256-831-0044.
• Celebrate Christmas in historic downtown Anniston. Horse-drawn carriage rides down Noble Street, ice carver, pictures with Santa (10 a.m.-1 p.m.), carolers, food vendors and specials at downtown stores. Letters to Santa can be dropped off at Think Toys. Noon-3 p.m. For more information, call 256-236-0996 or visit spiritofanniston.com