• Free meal, by His Hands Extended, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., House of Prayer Church of God, Hamric Drive, next to UPS, dine-in only, everyone is welcome. Call 256-831-3505 or 256-689-1419 for more information.
• Huge indoor yard sale, 7 a.m.-1 p.m., Harvest Church of God, Family Life Center, 520 Golden Springs Road, serving breakfast and lunch. Proceeds go to the Lynch Family Missionaries in Ecuador.
• Outdoor singing and barbecue dinner, 2-5:30 p.m., Congregational Holiness Campground, Possum Trot Road, Piedmont, benefit for the C.H.C. men’s ministries. Donations will be accepted. Call 256-403-1164 for more information.
• The General Missionary Society annual fall tea, 4 p.m., Seventeenth Street Missionary Baptist Church, 801 W. 17th St., everyone is invited.
Sunday, Sept. 29
• Special singing with 7-year-old Nadia East, 10 a.m., Coldwater Baptist Church, 4400 Airport Road, Oxford, everyone is invited.
• Annual choir day, 3 p.m., Smith Tabernacle CME Church, 400 S. Christine Ave.
• Pre-anniversary celebration with Apostle Bob McClain of Living by Faith Ministry of Oxford, 3 p.m., God’s Covenant Ministry International, 1000 Parkwood Drive, the public is invited.
• Celebration of 89th homecoming, 10:30 a.m., Congregation Holiness Church, 601 Hughes St., Piedmont. The Rev. Pierce Ashmore, former pastor, will be ministering in song and word. Everyone is invited to attend. A meal will follow the service.
Thursday, Oct. 3
• All for Him: A Christian writer’s fellowship, 6:30 p.m., First Baptist Church at McClellan, 851 Morton Road, in the library, everyone is welcome, 256-847-0230.
Friday-Saturday, Oct. 4-5
• Rummage/bake sale, 7 a.m., Liberty Hill C.M. Church, fellowship hall, U.S. 431, north of Hollis Cross Roads.
Saturday, Oct. 5
• The 20th women’s retreat of Friendship Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m., Anniston City Meeting Center, guest speaker will be Rita Smith of New Destiny of Gadsden.
• Food distribution through the Beans & Rice Ministry, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
• Pet memorial service, 4 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave.
Sunday, Oct. 6
• Pastor appreciation day to honor Pastor Larry Gardner, 10 a.m., Hatcher Avenue Baptist Church, 1311 Hatcher Ave., S.E., Jacksonville, 256-435-6214 or 256-282-1616.
• Blessing of the animals, 4 p.m., Grace Episcopal Church, 1000 Leighton Ave. All pets must be on leash and under the control of their owner. All are welcome.
Saturday-Sunday, Oct. 12-13
• The ninth annual pastoral appreciation for the Rev. and Sister Andrew C. Bolton Jr., 5 p.m. Saturday and 2:30 p.m. Sunday, Parker Memorial Baptist Church, Eastaboga. All choirs, groups and soloists are invited. The Rev. L.L. Jacobs and Kelly Springs Baptist Church are special guests.
How to submit calendar items
• Submit announcements no less than 10 days before the event takes place.
• Email to email@example.com “For Faith Calendar”
• Fax to 256-241-1991, note “Attn: Anniston Star Faith Calendar”
• Mail to The Anniston Star, Attn: Faith Calendar, P.O. Box 189, Anniston, AL 36202
• Drop off to The Star’s office at 4305 McClellan Blvd.
Call 256-235-3556 with any questions.